Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Manages daily operations and assists in the day-to-day management of all fire department services and activities, including fire suppression, fire prevention and disaster preparedness
- Supervise staff including lieutenants, fire marshal and training officers; assigns and coordinates work activities; provides coaching and training; and participates in or directs recommended disciplinary action as needed
- Provides planning, project management and administrative support to the fire chief; develops tactical objectives to reach departmental strategic goals; and directs and conducts organizational studies, investigations and operational studies
- National Fire Protection Association firefighter I and firefighter II, Incident Command System 300, ICS 400, National Incident Management System-ICS for the fire service, fire instructor I, fire officer I and incident safety officer; a minimum of three years as a supervisor (battalion chief, shift supervisor, captain, lieutenant); and 10 years of firefighter experience is required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by training in fire service programs
- Must complete required coursework and maintain required certifications as issued by the SC Fire Academy and SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
Pay info: $50,000 annually or higher depending on education and qualifications with excellent benefits including paid holidays, participation in the state Police Officers Retirement System and state health plan with employee's basic health and dental insurance premiums paid by the town.
How to apply: For a complete job description, visit www.ridgelandsc.gov/job-opportunities. Email resume to email@example.com or mail resumes to Town of Ridgeland Fire Department, Attn: Chief Bradley Bonds, PO Box 1119, Ridgeland, SC 29936.
The Town of Ridgeland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The town does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.