The Williamsport Bureau of Fire is looking for men and women to apply to become a career firefighter with the City of Williamsport. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team then join us in taking the 2017 Entrance Exam on July 8, 2017.
Base Salary: $40,093
Paid Health Insurance
* Be a Citizen of the United States
* Be a high school graduate or equivalent
* Be 18 years of age on or before the date of the Civil Service Exam
* Pass a written examination
* Pass a physical fitness examination
* Pass a medical examination
* Oral interview
* Employment applicant must successfully pass the following background checks:
* Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
* Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
* Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check
* Establish & maintain a residence within twenty (20) miles of the outer border of the City in any direction within 90 days upon completion of his or her one-year probationary period
* Possess a valid PA driver's license or be able to obtain one within 90 days of appointment
* Successfully complete & graduate from the Harrisburg Area Community College Fire Academy
Applications can be obtained at the Williamsport Bureau of Fire Office at 440 Walnut Street, Williamsport PA, from 9am to 3pm or online at Cityofwilliamsport.org. There is a $50.00 application fee, $55.00 to have study materials mailed (check or money order only) that is due when applications are submitted.
Deadline to submit an application is May 26, 2017 at 3pm.
If you have questions contact Renee Smith at 570-327-1602.
The City of Williamsport is an Affermative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.